[Webfunds-users] Accepting DigiGold at site

Bob gigs@ici.net
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 12:56:38 -0500

I'm playing with 2 SOX sub accounts to try to figure out instructions
that I should put on a Web site for accepting DigiGold grams of gold.

I had 5 g of gold in an existing SOX sub account. I successfully
spent 1 of those gs to a new (second) SOX sub account. The new
(second) account is in my WebFunds wallet, too.

I highlighted the DigiGold contract that I wanted to pay *from*.
>From the payment window's Target drop down menue I selected the
name (I had given this account a name) of the account I wanted
to pay *to*. I made a "Direct Transfer". It was successful. I now
have one g in the new account and 4 gs in the old account after
updating both contracts in both sub accounts.

But I now have 3.000 under the Pending column of the old account.
Any body have an idea what this is about? Does this refer to gs?
Or transactions that haven't been updated?

I haven't been able to pay that 1 g back to the old account yet.
2 times I got a not enough money in the account notice. The third
time I got a successful deposit notice. But updating doesn't change
anything. The accounts are stil 4 g and 1 g. Maybe the server isn't
ready to do this yet? Work being done under the hood?

So I try a payment from the old to the new account again.
This time I type in the name of the new account to be paid.
In the empty Target field above the Target drop down list.
Type in the amount. Hit "Direct Transfer". And get:
"The target account is not known? Are you sure you wish to
make this deposit? (as the account is not controlled here,
you may never be able to access the funds!")

Any body got an idea why this is?

For now, would I have to send a zeroe bearer payment to a customer
for a customer to get my account number? And take PGP encrypted
bearer payments?

TIA,
Bob