[Webfunds-users] BUG REPORT

Ian Grigg iang@systemics.com
Sat Mar 25 16:11:14 2000

Craig Haynie wrote:

> I found my original installation on Drive D, (I now have 2 installations),
> and the original 2 accounts, Craig and SnowDog are there. There was a
> payment from 'Craig' to 'SnowDog' which did not complete, (or perhaps DID
> complete to the first account called 'SnowDog' which was deleted earlier,
> before the new account 'SnowDog' was created, and definitely before this
> payment was made.
>
> > So, check the Payer History, and look for pending payments (they say
> > PEN... in the status column).  If you find any, cancel them.  Then
> > check whether the balances are back in line.
>
> The Payer History shows that the payment was complete: Source CRAIG, Target
> SnowDog, Amount 500, Status COMPLETED.

If it is complete, then it has been receipted by the issuer, that's
therefore a solid payment.

> The Payee History shows no record.

Which implies the Payee has not seen a receipt, or has lost it.

You have of course updated that account after the payment was deposited?

It is definately a bug if the account loses receipts.

> Any thoughts? (Again, don't sweat it. We're pioneers. We take the arrows.)

What are the account numbers?  You can see this from the Info in each
account.  Just send me the first 8 digits or so.

If you believe that the Payee really has 0.5 grams (it must be somewhere
in the system...) then write out a payment of 0.5 grams and deposit it
somewhere.  Ignore the warning.  If the 0.5 grams is in Payee, this
payment will clear.

One of the big changes we hope to add is a special SOX transaction
to "freeze-and-transfer-everthing" which helps to resolve cases like
these.  It is for the backend, got to put it in the frontend some
time then add it to WebFunds.

iang