[Webfunds-users] Webfunds

Ian Grigg iang@systemics.com
Fri Nov 12 10:54:11 1999

> I'm having some problems getting webfunds to start up
> on my Win98 box. I couldn't sign contracts when I was
> using JDK 1.2 but Webfunds did start up after I
> remarked out the -nojit flag.

The current releases of WebFunds use an older
version of Cryptix, 3.0.3 which is *not* JDK 1.2 compatible.
I should reroll the Cryptix archive within WebFunds as
it is now at 3.1.1 which is JDK 1.2 compatible.

Odd.  The -nojit should help as we've noticed problems
with JITs (although this seems to be the symantic JIT,
so if you are using some other, then you may be ok).
Either way, adding the JIT should not improve matters!

> Under JDK 1.2 I get the following error when clicking
> on the NEW button to add a contract:

> So I know very little about java, but it seems there's
> a problem with the cryptix library. Incidentally, I
> downloaded JDK 1.1.8, maybe there was a problem with
> backward compatability (hey, I had to remove the
> -nojit flag, remember?) but I couldn't even get it to
> start up!
>
> Under JDK 1.1.8 I'm getting this error when starting
> up:
> <>CoreParts: multi address browser
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/swing/J
> Frame
>         at
> webfunds.client.AccountBrowserImpl.<init>(AccountBrowserImpl.java:66)
>
>         at webfunds.client.Core.<init>(Core.java:135)
>         at webfunds.client.Core.main(Core.java:472)

That means you need to download Swing.  Check the docos
for the URL or poke around the javasoft site for it.  You
need 1.1.1 from memory.

iang