[Webfunds-users] bad mac, naughty mac

Ian Grigg iang@systemics.com
Sun Nov 14 08:52:05 1999

Does any MacZealot out there know what the following Socket
connect error on a MacOs machine (Jim's) means:

          OpenTransport error -3155; connect failed1

The JVM is throwing this as an IOException which is naughty,
it should throw something more specific (IOException is a
class of exceptions, not one to be thrown).

Either way, if I knew what it meant I might be able to deal
with it.  At the moment, it is treated as an unexpected
exception and causes stacktraces to fill up the log.  Which
ain't so bad, as that's what it means....

iang