[Webfunds-users] Webfunds

S.J. Saletta salettasj@yahoo.com
Fri Nov 12 08:51:06 1999

I'm having some problems getting webfunds to start up
on my Win98 box. I couldn't sign contracts when I was
using JDK 1.2 but Webfunds did start up after I
remarked out the -nojit flag.

Under JDK 1.2 I get the following error when clicking
on the NEW button to add a contract:

java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: class
cryptix.provider.rsa.RawRSAPublicK
ey does not implement interface
java.security.interfaces.RSAKey
        at
cryptix.provider.rsa.Any_RSA_PKCS1Signature.engineInitVerify(Any_RSA_
PKCS1Signature.java:221)
        at
java.security.Signature.initVerify(Signature.java:260)
        at
webfunds.sox.Crypto.verify(Crypto.java:1174)
        at
webfunds.ricardian.Contract.verifyContract(Compiled
Code)
        at
webfunds.client.AccountBrowserImpl.checkContract(AccountBrowserImpl.j
ava:206)
        at
webfunds.client.AccountBrowserImpl.getContract(AccountBrowserImpl.jav
a:172)
        at
webfunds.client.AccountBrowserImpl$5.run(AccountBrowserImpl.java:295)

I managed to add a contract by putting the
file:///c://etc... address of the contract as the URL,
but when I right click on the account name in WebFunds
I get a similar error:

  AB: TP = [WebFunds, SOX, Bob]
  AB: read contract grams of gold
java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: class
cryptix.provider.rsa.RawRSAPublicK
ey does not implement interface
java.security.interfaces.RSAKey
        at
cryptix.provider.rsa.Any_RSA_PKCS1Signature.engineInitVerify(Any_RSA_
PKCS1Signature.java:221)
        at
java.security.Signature.initVerify(Signature.java:260)
        at
webfunds.sox.Crypto.verify(Crypto.java:1174)
        at
webfunds.ricardian.Contract.verifyContract(Compiled
Code)
        at
webfunds.client.AccountBrowserImpl.checkContract(AccountBrowserImpl.j
ava:206)
        at
webfunds.client.AccountBrowserImpl.getContract(AccountBrowserImpl.jav
a:193)
        at
webfunds.client.AccountBrowserImpl$12.construct(AccountBrowserImpl.ja
va:489)
        at
webfunds.client.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:103)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)

So I know very little about java, but it seems there's
a problem with the cryptix library. Incidentally, I
downloaded JDK 1.1.8, maybe there was a problem with
backward compatability (hey, I had to remove the
-nojit flag, remember?) but I couldn't even get it to
start up!

Under JDK 1.1.8 I'm getting this error when starting
up:
<>CoreParts: multi address browser
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/swing/J
Frame
        at
webfunds.client.AccountBrowserImpl.<init>(AccountBrowserImpl.java:66)

        at webfunds.client.Core.<init>(Core.java:135)
        at webfunds.client.Core.main(Core.java:472)

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
-Steve

=====