[Webfunds-users] Newbie Questions

Ian Grigg iang@systemics.com
Sat Nov 13 04:47:04 1999

Ooops, late reply, sorry!

> I'm new to this whole thing, and I'm not a Windows programmer.
> (Though I've been a business programmer since the dawn of time.)

Well, this stuff is a Java program, so it will run on
whatever platform you are keen on (and there is a JVM
available).

> I got the wallet up and running, and received a small sample
> payment from Charles. Will there be docs soon on how to actually
> use this? Like, how can we transfer value to each other? And how
> will this link up (or will it) to either DigiGold and/or e-gold?

I'm confused by this - if you have received the small
sample payment then you already have transferred value.
I.e., hit the payment button on the account/contract
and make a payment, then send that in email to whoever.

The payment and deposit windows need work, as the naming
of accounts and bearer payments is not really obvious.

The payment you received was presumably DigiGold.  It
isn't so clear, as the name that is displayed at the
moment is 'grams of gold' but that is the current
gold-denominated DigiGold contract.  How it relates
to e-gold is another matter - which the contract
describes.

I agree that it is a little difficult to follow through
without docs.  I'd like to avoid docs whereever possible
and include internal help.  The help buttons do say something,
quick and dirty, and I'm looking for improvements on them.

iang