[Webfunds-users] Bug Report

Ian Grigg iang@systemics.com
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 11:12:38 -0400

SnowDog wrote:

> Here are a few bugs that you might want to address. I'm running version
> 1.7.5 on Windows NT.
>
> 1) Go to the Payment Screen, as if you were going to make a payment. At the
> top of the screen is a 'File' menu. Whenever this menu is opened, it is
> opened BEHIND the payment window and cannot be seen.

(known!)  yes, sorry about that, we'll actually replace
that whole dialog some time.  (I personally can't fix
that one as it is a SWING bug :< )  (although I think
we could probably drop the menu altogether...)

> 2) If the first contract added to a new Trader Account is NOT the GOLD
> Contract, then none of the trade orders can be seen because the software is
> assuming that the base payment is whatever it found in the first contract
> added to the Trader Plug-In. In other words, if I add the Silver Contract
> FIRST to a new Trader Plug-In account, and then add the other contracts,
> then the software assumes that all orders will be paid for in grams of
> silver, and none of the existing orders show up when you select 'BOOK'
> because all existing open orders, used by everyone else, are in grams of
> gold.

Correct, although that's a "feature" not a "bug" ...

The main problem here is that WebFunds has no way to
divine the nature of books at the market, so leaves
that to a higher layer.  Now, if you are accessing
the market yourself, you simply have to know how to
do this.  OTOH, if you download from a supplier, that
supplier will configure WebFunds to add contracts in a
particular fashion (how to do this is documented on
site and in the README).

It's annoying, I know, but I can't think of another
way to do this.

FTR, there are two moneys currently in operation.
"grams of gold" are used for the valuable contracts,
and "Glitter" is used for test contracts.

> 3) There is no place to register your Trader Nickname.

Simply rename the account (it's a[nother] hack, I know!).

(While we are on the subject, that nickname issue is
very alpha code.  E.g., you can currently copy someone
else's name...)

--
iang