[Webfunds-users] /SOXServers/

SnowDog SnowDog@GoldDirectory.com
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 14:52:10 -0600

> When I attempt to deposit it, I get this:
>
> "The target account is not known!
>
> Are you sure you wish to make this deposit?
>
> (as the account is not controled here, you
> may never be able to access the funds!"
>
> I haven't deposited it yet. Do I get the above
> notice because it's a directed payment to a
> specific account (that's not mine), therefore
> I can't deposit it in a way that would do me
> any good?

Actually, this ties in with what I was asking earlier. I was asking for a
way to automate a DigiGold Deposit, and I received a reply from someone
writing software to enable applications to do just that. However, I was
thinking, "What's the big deal? Can't I just do a post, or something? After
all, the Wallet has access to the Server which allows them to make
deposits." and then I started thinking that maybe I had to have access to an
actual DigiGold Account Key to make the deposit, which would only exist in
the wallet, (as I understand it). Now, however, from your post, it appears
that one need not have an account present to make a DigiGold deposit. Is
this true? If so, then the question goes back to the original; Can a deposit
be made into the DigiGold Server without access to the account, into which
the deposit will be made? If so, then it should be easy to make available a
way for anyone to send their deposits to the server.

Craig