[Webfunds-users] Trader Plug-In and Web Funds Wallet

Douglas Jackson djackson@omnipay.net
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 10:57:08 -0500

The Exchange Server is intended to be wholly distinct [and has in fact been a
distinct and separate business from the beginning] from the settlement servers
for various instruments. A component of the Exchange Server complex maintains
accounts (as a client) for the various instruments that trade on it so it can
pay and be paid quantities of the various instruments, be they currencies,
equity or interest bearing debt instruments. If the DigiGold settlement server
and the Exchange Server are both sitting on the same physical box right now [I
didn't know they were] this would simply be for the sake of economy. The current
volume of settlements relating to both DigiGold and the Exchange Server are
quite modest. Delays in final execution are not due to transaction load or
computational overhead but are simply artifacts of poor bandwidth. The bandwidth
issue is also temporary  - as both systems become more active their respective
operators will have an increasing need to assure better bandwidth. Systemics
Inc., developer of all these technologies,  is currently fulfilling the role of
Operator ( and Mint) for DigiGold and is also functioning as the Principal for
the particular Exchange Server where the AUG vs. AGG, PTG and PDG trading books
are hosted. Systemics, I would anticipate, will be licensing the Ricardo Server
to other entities as Issuers of instruments, and the Exchange Server technology
to owner/hosts of other, competitive markets.