[Webfunds-users] 1) Install...

Ben Lawrence ben@lawrence.net
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 12:54:00 -0400

> The DigiGold company does currently do a windows install
> applet that you can access on their site.  At some stage we'll
> get a FreeBSD ports done, and maybe even an RPM, who knows.  For
> Mac, we are still at the level of instructions supplied from
> time to time, but I am told that "they are easy... "

The browser based install at http://www.webfunds.org/webinstalldemo
downloads a java applet to do the installation.  As long as the browser
supports java applets it should install webfunds on any platform that
already has a Java Runtime Environment compatible with Webfunds.

If the platform is Windows or Unix (Intel *nix only I think) and does not
already have an appropriate JRE it can also install one before installing
webfunds.  All other users (Mac, PPC, etc.) will have to obtain and install
a compatible JRE before using the browser install.