[Webfunds-users] Webfunds Wallet

SnowDog SnowDog@GoldDirectory.com
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 21:18:41 -0500

The Webfunds Wallet is not really practical to use right now, but aside from
the difficulty in describing to people WHAT DigiGold IS and HOW to use it,
there really is only a couple of things that the Webfunds Wallet needs to be
usable:

1) A way to install the wallet on a Windows machine WITHOUT having to do any
manual editing, or any pre-installations. Putting together some sort of
Installation program is absolutely necessary. It took me over an hour Sunday
to figure out how to install a new version of Webfunds Wallet, and I've
installed the thing from scratch more than once, previously.

2) However, the primary thing that the wallet needs is a way to restore a
backup over a new installation, allowing people to feel confident that they
can use their backups in the event they need to create a new Webfunds
Installation. I believe that THIS IS EASY. I installed a new copy of
Webfunds Wallet on my computer on Sunday, then ALL I DID was overwrite the
USERS directory with my previously backed-up USERS directory, and VOILA, the
new installation was able to access my existing data WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS!
This means that I can now install Webfunds Wallets on several computers,
with my existing account information INTACT, allowing me to rest, assured
that I won't lose all installations AND my backups. This now makes DigiGold
work for me. All it would take  is some sort of automatic restoration
procedure to make it work for everyone.

Sincerely,

Craig