[Webfunds-users] live market data

Ian Grigg iang@systemics.com
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 22:36:39 -0400 (AST)

WebFunds.org maintains some independant information on contracts
that are issued and WebFungible... at

      http://www.webfunds.org/ricardo/contracts/

Whether we should do that is an interesting question, as we have
to be careful not to endorse any particular contract as being
"approved" by WebFunds.  We accept them all, whether they are
any good is someone else's problem :)

Meanwhile, if you go to the DigiGold link on the above page,
there is a new feature:  HTML display of the markets that have
been mounted by Systemics.  That's on the far right of the
table.

Ignore the gold ones, because they are the money, and trading
gold against gold is uninteresting.  The other three metals,
silver, platinum, palladium are traded as instruments with a
money of gold.  I.e., the price is in grams of gold.

The HTML display is not complete, it only shows the best 5
bids and asks, the remainder is aglomerated into one italicised
virtual order...  WebFunds itself has the proper and full info,
as you would need that to actually enter the market.  At the
moment, only Platinum is showing more than 5 asks.

iang, who's got more hats than the Cat in the Hat...

PS: for those mystified by this, Systemics has a plugin to
WebFunds called Trader that .. trades, and is currently in
beta with some people who like to trade.

PPS: no, the price is not in dollars.  Nobody has issued a
dollar currency.  It might be possible to display a virtual
price in dollars, but that would only be a guide, not what
is happening on the real market.  As a rule of thumb, for
this year at least, it would seem that gold is the net unit.