[Webfunds-users] Webfunds, Digigold and e-gold

Ian Grigg iang@systemics.com
Fri, 08 Sep 2000 20:19:03 -0400

Claude Cormier wrote:

> Gee this is exciting!

Us developers are trying our best to monopolise all the fun,
but some of it escapes :)

> But may I offer this comment...... "Who will use these technologies?"
>
> Are their any application being developed now using the wallet and
> digigold ?

Yes!  WebFunds is about applications.  So is money (any form of
money) and one of the failings of past attempts is the absence of
any good understanding of what the systems would be used for.

WebFunds is open sourced so that you can add in your own application,
Systemics is working on one which is being alpha'd at the moment.  It
was demo'd at www.EFCE.net recently, and got rolled out concurrently
with this week's release.  More details to follow, but discussion is
generally muted due to anti-vapourware policies :)

--
iang