[Webfunds-users] BUG REPORT

E. van der Koogh vdkoogh@mediaport.org
Wed Mar 29 11:01:18 2000

> Ian Grigg wrote:
> >
> > In the meantime, you are probably wondering what has
> > happened to your gram?  So am I...
>
> Wild guess...
>
> I've seen that on deleting an account, the entry is not deleted from
> the aliases database. Because of the two SnowDog accounts this will
> cause problems and this might cause the behaviour described. I'm not
> familiar with all the other factors to be really sure though

I am fairly certain that deleting an account doesn't remove it from the
aliases database.
I am also not really certain if deleting an account actually does delete
the private key.

I think I know what  happened..When he "recreated" SnowDog he created a
second public keypair.
When the payment came in, WebFunds revived the old SnowDog account and
was able to transfer the whole 1 grams to the newSnowDog account.

After that you deleted one of the SnowDog accounts and made a spend from
Craig to the remaining SnowDog account.
Webfunds got confused here.. and made out the payment to the "deleted"
SnowDog account.

Erwin