[Webfunds-users] BUG REPORT

Ben Lawrence ben@lawrence.net
Wed Mar 29 10:55:29 2000

>The payment that arrived from Omnipay was written out
to the original SnowDog.  Only that account could ever
benefit from that payment.

Perhaps this is already clear, but because of the talk of a third party,
I'll mention it anyway.  Omnipay doesn't mail the fulfillment payment to
Craig as a bearer or a directed payment, it deposits it directly into the
account of the zero payment hash provided.  ie, Omnipay hits the "Direct
Transfer" button and not the "Make Payment" button.

This is subtly different from a true third party deposit where I gen a
payment (directed or otherwise) mail it to someone (maybe a third party) and
then they deposit it.  In this scenario if it was a bearer payment the
depositor will benefit, if it was a directed payment the target account
benefits.

Maybe behind the scenes the direct xfer is accomplished as a make payment
followed by a deposit(?).  Point is webfunds _could_ decide to distinguish
between a deposit to a payee account made by the payer himself vs one made
by a third party if it isn't already, and make one or the other legal as
separate decisions.  Omnipay and other merchants & exchange providers really
need the direct xfer to avoid disputes.

Regards,

Ben Lawrence
Melbourne, FL