[Webfunds-users] 1.5.4 fix for NullPointerException

Ian Grigg iang@systemics.com
Sat Apr 22 18:49:21 2000

> Please pardon my ignorance, but what is the above all about? 1.5.4 fix?
>
> What is it, how does it work, and how can it benefit me?

Well, there was a Java bug that was causing WebFunds to crash.
If you haven't seen it, then you may be ok, and you might not
need to upgrade.  If you have seen something that looks like
NullPointerException, in the form posted by David/tril just
now, then you should probably upgrade.

If you are using something before 1.5.3 then it might be time
for an upgrade.  1.5.0-2 is rather dodgy, so if you are on any
1.5 I'd suggest an upgrade.  If not, as you decide.

Upgrade is simply by downloading the zip file at this url:

   http://webfunds.org/download/zip_README.html

and unzipping it over your existing WebFunds directory, wherever
that may be.

Howzat?

iang