[Webfunds-devel] [Fwd: Re: keys]

Ian Grigg iang@systemics.com
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 17:56:32 -0400

Ian Grigg wrote:

>                             Name: DigiGold_AUG_2000.asc
>    DigiGold_AUG_2000.asc    Type: application/x-unknown-content-type-PGP
>                         Encoding: base64

Oops, that wasn't meant to be forwarded, it isn't "official" yet,
and even though signed, doesn't have accounts and money behind it.

I'll let you know when it starts being a 'valuable' contract rather
than a test contract.  For interest sake, I see the hash as being
0ca5fd82.

We really need a convenient sha1 program in FreeBSD, just like md5 :)
One could write it in Java but that would be so clumsy ...

BTW, from memory, the canonical hash rules we have established are:

   * from BEGIN to END lines, inclusive, excluding other lines
   * space-trimmed at end (same as cleartext sig)
   * _all_ lines terminated with \r\n (almost the same as sig)
   * hash is undefined by this format, but can be tweaked in
     local file, or assumed by application.  We assume SHA1.

The salient difference with the signature rules is that we
do not drop the last \r\n.  That's a zimmerism that I wasn't
prepared to punish any programmer with ;)
--
iang