[Webfunds-devel] [Fwd: Re: keys]

Edwin Woudt edwin@webfunds.org
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 23:48:48 +0200

Someone wrote to Ian Grigg <iang@systemics.com>:

> It seems to have added it to the account OK, but the drop down menu from
> the account refuses to go away after successfully ading the contract. I
> wasn't crashed but had to exit to get rid of the drop down menu. Java in
> general is pretty sucky at windows events. It is always a booger for me
> to get it to handle double clicks right for instance.

I was able to reproduce this problem using the following steps:

1. Click right on the account and choose 'add contract'
2. Select any contract
3. Click the ok button
4. While interaction with the server is going on, click right again on the
account in the main window.

These steps also work:

A. Click right on the account and choose 'add contract'
B. Click the 'cancel' button

It looks like a redrawing problem, because the problem disappears when you
move the window or move another window on top of it (thereby forcing a
redraw).

The cause of this problem could be anything, but the fact that the contract
browser is not a modal window (why not anyway?) suggests that it is a
threading problem.

Edwin