[Webfunds-devel] TODO_SCW update?

Ian Grigg iang@systemics.com
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 12:29:17 -0400

Edwin Woudt wrote:

> Bugs for SCW:
>
>     1. Contract should be written out in local format
>        (with platform line ending, currently has ^M on Unix).

I think this is done, I run it through this in tryWriting():

            String fixed = PGPArmoury.fixLineEndings(data,
                                  System.getProperty("line.separator"));

Although I haven't tested the effect as yet...

>     2. Popup box for passphrase

Yes, I think this would count as something we'd want.

>     3. Strip trailing spaces on saving unsigned contract

Hmm, I wouldn't swear to it but I thought this was done.
Maybe not.

>     4. Lines shorter than 80 chars

Right, that's part of webfunds.ricardian.*

> Feature requests for SCW:
>
>     1. More options to get keys:
>        - read keys from keyrings
>        - copy/paste keys

One of these two above is needed fairly quickly.  After that,
I'd say the following can come along as desired.

>        - read binary key transparantly
>        - generate key
>
>        This will require some changes in the wizard (for each key there
>        will have to be several panels), but it is doable.
>
> TODO list for webfunds.ricardian:
>
>     1. Check ricardian rules on unsigned contract
>
> Did I miss something?

Nope, seems good, it's more or less flying at the moment,
I've stuck out the internal release, and I'll work through
the signing of contracts with DJ as he can schedule it.

Now, the next thing is a test contract.  There is a local
file g.loc and an operator key op.pub located at the
http://www.iang.net/ site, which should be all that is
needed for issuing zero sum contracts.

Marbles, anyone?

Is that deal for issuance of many marbles in exchange for
a web shop giving them away still on?  What I need is a shop
where anyone can click on a button and get a lump.  Thinking
about it, the easiest way to do it is:

    * write a WebFunds test program that produces a thousand
      payments in the currency, with no expiry time, for some
      value, and stores each in a file.

    * write a cgi/something shop that simply finds the next
      available file and prints it out in a c&p box, and then
      removes the file.  When it runs out of files, it mails
      the operator for some more.

Hey presto, a simple marbles shop with limited security equation.
--
iang

PS: does developers@webfunds.org work?  easier to remember...