[Webfunds-devel] changes to unix init/build scripts

Ian Grigg iang@systemics.com
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 19:33:34 -0400 (AST)

I've updated the init* and build* scripts somewhat to bring them
inline with standard variable names, future sox tool kit separation,
and changes going through to do with OpenPGP++ and x.509--.  There
is more tuning coming through, there are now quite a lot of projects
depending on the SOX tool kit module, so the scripts are being used
somewhat heavily within my environment at least.

In order to use these changes, there are few other things that need
to be done beyond the normal update:

    cvs get java lib        # [1]
    cd build ; rm -r *      # [2]

(from top directory)

[1] I.e., you need to update the source *and* lib fully as there are
now new libraries and directories that do the OpenPGP and x.509
remaining compat stuff.

[2] Also, you need to remove old directories manually, the scripts
are too conservative to handle the movement of directories (as
they are removing them, they prefer caution...).

Further, in another change, I've renamed the cvs startup script
to be .repository so that it is independant of any name.  The
prior script should still work, but won't be maintained.

If anyone is actually using these scripts (Unix only) let me know
and we can work through the issues.  There are Makefiles as an
alternate now, post on the group to get help on those.

iang