[Webfunds-users] /SOXServers/

Ian Grigg iang@systemics.com
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 21:31:28 -0400

SnowDog wrote:

> Actually, this ties in with what I was asking earlier. I was asking for a
> way to automate a DigiGold Deposit, and I received a reply from someone
> writing software to enable applications to do just that. However, I was
> thinking, "What's the big deal? Can't I just do a post, or something? After
> all, the Wallet has access to the Server which allows them to make
> deposits." and then I started thinking that maybe I had to have access to an
> actual DigiGold Account Key to make the deposit, which would only exist in
> the wallet, (as I understand it). Now, however, from your post, it appears
> that one need not have an account present to make a DigiGold deposit. Is
> this true? If so, then the question goes back to the original; Can a deposit
> be made into the DigiGold Server without access to the account, into which
> the deposit will be made? If so, then it should be easy to make available a
> way for anyone to send their deposits to the server.

(I've just found this in the mailbox, not sure why it was unanswered,
apologies!)

To make a deposit of some instrument like DigiGold, you have to have
an account.  It doesn't have to be an account named in the deposit,
but it has to be an account as that is the only way to communicate
with the server - SOX is based on the nymous account model, and every
interesting action is a SOX encrypted request which can only be done
within the context of the account.

This is no big deal, just create an account and use it.  It does however
imply you have to have the SOX features built in to your code.  If it
was a serious impediment, I'm sure someone would create a gateway for
this purpose (there are at least 3 independant groups working on gateways
of one form or another).

--
iang