[Webfunds-users] Market Move Complete

Ian Grigg iang@systemics.com
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 22:32:41 -0400

OK, the markets have moved to a new long term home, mises.ai.

There were some problems in the move:

1. Under some circumstances (not clear what, but never
mind), SOX was incorrectly reporting the server down
messages and not migrating properly.  It would crash
after a few attempts.

If you are having trouble keeping Trader up and running,
remove this directory:

     user/data2/WalletManager/Trader/SOXServers/

I've fixed the bug, but those out there who see Trader
crashing will have to do this workaround.

2. For a while the market was reporting books as closed
when they were in fact open.  Now open...

3. First attempt developed a second universe due to a
big badda boom recovery failure.  I had to use the
time-space continuum feature to bring reality back to
life.  If anyone was caught in the lost universe, let
me know (I think it was only me...).

4. Speed improvement is:  about 70% faster for the
critical MKT trade, now posted within 15 seconds or so.
For non-settling requests, there is about 150% speed
increase, with status queries and book updates now all
at about 2 to 2.5 seconds.

Let me know of any bugs that people see, and remember
you might need the workaround in 1. above, if Trader
crashes after about 4 or 5 book updates.

--
iang