[Webfunds-users] trying to cancel a cleared transaction crashes WebFunds

Ian Grigg iang@systemics.com
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 23:16:46 -0400

Vincent Youngs wrote:

> Here's another bug, don't know if its already been reported.
>
> Make a bearer payment from one SOX wallet account.
>
> Recieve it at another SOX wallet account.
>
> At this point, the recieving account is updated with the new value, but the
> sending account still shows the transaction as pending unless you
> manually update it.

The receiving account does the deposit, so it knows about the
action.  The sending account does not know.  We did have some
code in there to alert the sending account, but it proved the
source of innumerable bugs, so it was disabled for now.

> Without updating the sending account, go into its history and try to cancel
> the transaction which it still shows as pending (though it has actually
> cleared).  At this point, webfunds crashes hard and disappears from the
> desktop.

1.8.1 should fix that, let me know.

http://www.webfunds.org/download/README.html

--