[Webfunds-users] Misc.

Ian Grigg iang@systemics.com
Tue, 03 Apr 2001 09:54:04 -0400

Craig Spencer wrote:

> Playing around with WebFunds...
>
> 1.  On start up: says no "\bin\random"

That will be for information, presumably you are on a windows machine.
On Unix there is a device so named that gives nice random numbers.  You
can ignore that message.  (I've changed the message slightly

> 2.  A deleted account still comes up in the pay target list

Ah, got it.  That would be a bug, never thought about that one.
The art of deletion is not well advanced.

> 3.  History is not in chronological order.  wierd

Yep, it's in "wierd" order :)  That dialog is a bit frozen
until it can be turned into a proper plugin, which is quite
a bit of work.  I tried a few weeks back and had to retreat
with white flag waving.  [Known Bug!]

> 4.  Backup does not work.  There does not appear to be any way
> to actually select a place to backup to!

That's unexpected.  Backup is pretty clumsy really, when it
starts up it should pop up a dialog that asks for a directory
in which to place the backup ... does it not do that for you?

http://www.webfunds.org/guide/faq/index.html#backups
describes more fully.

> Is all this normal?

Only 4 is a surprise.  I've made notes in the code for 2, 3,
so we can fix them sometime.

Thanks!

--
iang