[Webfunds-users] Re: [E-Lang] Re: Fwd: [picoIPO] [Fwd: [Intertrader] PR: RecentIntertrader andSystemics alliance brings forth digitaldollar fromHansa Bank (fwd)]

Ian Grigg iang@systemics.com
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 19:03:12 -0400

Mark, I didn't get around to answering this question, sorry!

"Mark S. Miller" wrote:

> >Practically speaking, the contract is a Ricardian contract....
>
> What should we read first?  If you give me some good URLs for Ricardian
> contracts, I'll post them on the erights.org Smart Contracting page.

I've put together a general purpose cheat sheet on Ricardian Contracts
(preliminary work for the next generation) at

    http://www.webfunds.org/guide/ricardian.html

> My ERTP is at http://www.erights.org/javadoc/net/ertp/package-summary.html .
> Look at http://www.erights.org/smart-contracts/images/scro-xchg.gif , an
> illustration of an EEA scenario, while reading the above javadoc-umentation.

Looking at those, it is not clear how value is described.  For
example, how does one know whether a purse includes an USD or a
YEN, and how does one find out what a USD is?  These are core
questions that Ricardian Contracts address, and it is in these
terms that the Hansa dollar is written.  Probably there is an
easy answer but I didn't see it?

--
iang