[Webfunds-users] 2) restore backups - Haiku solution?

SnowDog SnowDog@GoldDirectory.com
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 22:57:01 -0500

I would like someone to back me up on this:

Ian wrote:

> > [...]  The only short term solution would then be an unfortunate
> > dialog "please restart WebFunds..."
> >
> > Is that better or worse than having no restore?

I find it extremely difficult to believe that ANYONE could believe that
having NO restore capability in DigiGold is acceptable in ANY regard. Please
understand that I have a great deal of respect for Ian, his opinions, and
everything that he's accomplished. However, without the ability to RESTORE a
BACKUP, then DigiGold is WORTHLESS!!! Everyone knows that hard-drives crash.
Everyone knows that computer upgrades are ESSENTIAL. Without the ability to
restore a backup then DigiGold will NEVER be accepted by ANYONE for any
serious use because it simply will fail them -- probably when they need it
the most -- and who would keep more than a few grams of e-gold on hand when
they know that they will lose it as soon as their hard-drive crashes?

Sincerely,

Craig