[Webfunds-users] 1.5.7, trial of brave new OpenPGP world

Ian Grigg iang@cypherpunks.ai
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 00:14:53 -0400 (AST)

Gentle and patient readers,

I have just this Internet hour loaded up a trial version
of the new, brighter than bright, OpenPGP-enhanced 1.6.5
onto the usual place.

    http://www.webfunds.org/download/zip_README.html

This completes the year-long process of ripping out that
junk <exculp> X.509 </ex> nonsense PKI that we've all
grown to hate and despise.

We are using 100%, compatible, all-new Cryptix finance-
ready OpenPGP, with JDK compat from 1.1 thru 1.3.

And many other things more numerous to mention under the
hood - throaty sounds coming from new key exchange layers,
turbo-charged Sign Contract Wizard and some fat, low profile
wallet code that was mooted at www.efce.net just recently...

Tuning is still in progress, so expect a few minor
backfires.  For the first time we are running on all 4
cylinders - gold, platinum, palladium and silver are all
included.  Once we are happy this release works, I'll roll
it over to 1.7 and then never speak of the 1.6 again....

Anyone who wants some trimming can mail me for some
Glitter.  I won't get it to it until the weekend, but
no problems there, I've lots.  For the metals, read the
contract for details on how to acquire it, not my baby
(although I can reveal that sufficient quantities are
in place...).

Bugs to the normal place!  (this mailgroup, please!)

Your WebFunds Core Development Team.