[Webfunds-users] Mac install problem

Charles Evans cwe@chyden.net
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 13:07:09 -0500

This post relates to getting WebFunds to run on Mac OS, which is really
easy.  If only the HushMail guys could be bothered to debug their system properly!!!

<#include writeOnceDebugEverywhereRant.h>

Ian Grigg wrote:

> ok, so this gentleman has subscribed....  RU subscribed?

I wasn't, until I was so brutally conscripted into service.

> If not, be nice if you could jump over to the site and
> follow the many links!  www.webfunds.org ... and be doubly
> nice if some sort of response was put on the list rather
> than pvt mail that doesn't help anyone else!
>
> Oh, the joys of running an open community ;)

yeah, yeah, yeah...  Tell it to your barber.

-------------

Stanton McCandlish wrote:

> >> I followed the Mac install/prepare instructions
> >> to the letter (with the sole exception that I
> >> aliased rather than moved the swingall.jar file...

C.Evans kindly replied:

It could prove intriguing to do this via email.  Bear with us as we go
through this step by step.

Have you downloaded WebFunds 1.7.4?

Which utility did you use to unzip it?  I've found that StuffIt Expander
does something strange during decompression.  I use MacZip, which you
can find at:

        http://www.sitec.net/maczip/download/MacZip105c.hqx

Try unzipping with MacZip, and starting over from scratch.  There is no
need to alias swingall.jar, since you can add it from wherever it
resides.  The files do not need to all be in the same folder.

Let me know how it goes, and we'll progress from there.

Once you have completed the Mac Prepare, hit Save Settings... and make
sure that Save as Application is checked.  Then, hit Run.

<#include proPythonRant.h>

C.Evans