[Webfunds-users] 1.7.4

Ian Grigg iang@systemics.com
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 12:43:11 -0400

Bob wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm running Win95. I downloaded the JRE 1.3 and WebFunds 1.7.3.

Is this the one that is downloadable from the DigiGold.net site?

> I downloaded WebFunds 1.7.4 and unzipped it in a directory to
> take a look at it and didn't find an executable (I don't know
> DOS. Does this mean I can't use it, or do I need to unzip it over
> the current installation of 1.7.3?

The downloads are self-help-enabled, and have some run
scripts in them.  Look at the run.bat for the DOS version
(I don't know DOS either...).

Secondly, in theory, if you unzip it over your previous
one, it should work, but I don't know for sure as the
DigiGold.net distribution might have moved some stuff
around.

If you haven't put any metal in there yet, then I suppose
you've nothing to lose :)

> I believe that I should have 1.7.4 for the Trader 1.0.5
> plugin.

It always helps to have the latest.  I try and make Trader
compatible to some extent with lots of versions of WebFunds,
but I don't promise that, our "testing department" is not
very large!

--
iang