[Webfunds-users] [Fwd: Re: e-gold: DigiGold]

Ian Grigg iang@systemics.com
Tue, 23 May 2000 09:15:22 -0400

Edwin Woudt copies:

> > I think the b2b market should be one of DigiGold's early targets.
>
> Yes, now that's possible. For business reasons, people could be
> persuaded to
> spend the time to learn how to use it -- but what kinds of businesses
> would
> prefer DigiGold over the US dollar, or any other major world currency?

I've been thinking about this, as I hadn't actually considered
it.  I think that b2b would have trouble adopting WebFunds per
se, as it includes stronger privacy provisions than your average
business would like, certainly in the constrained first world.

Most businesses spend an inordinate amount of time making sure
that their money doesn't get lost, stolen, misdirected.  Not
as much time spent as governments, but a lot.  For them, the
notion that the various privacy features will make it hard for
them to track the money doesn't help.

Straight e-gold would be better, there, as they have or will
have, multiple access features which will help business, and
they have a better ability to find lost money if the right
paper work is supplied.

OTOH, e-gold Ltd are unlikely to ever issue a dollar currency
(the warehousing implications are quite hard).  So maybe WebFunds
will succeed there, as a dollar currency is a distinct possibility.

Also, there are a bunch of small businesses that are looking
forward, nay, screaming for the new economy.  Where you can
reduce the distance between the owner of the money and the
manager of the money, these guys get more interested in it.

iang