[Webfunds-users] 1.5.3 in linux

Tril dem@tunes.org
Sat Apr 22 17:41:00 2000

I'm using Swing 1.1.1, and WebFunds 1.5.3 on Debian GNU/Linux (libc2.1).

Using IBM JDK 1.1.8, it crashes right after pressing Add Account with this
message:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at webfunds.client.AccountBrowserImpl.access$1(Compiled Code)
        at webfunds.client.AccountBrowserImpl$6.construct(Compiled Code)
        at webfunds.client.SwingWorker$2.run(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)

If instead I use the Blackdown port of the JDK, I can add an account and a
contract, and I can get the Pay window up but when I press Make Payment it
does this:

Exception occurred during event dispatching:
java.lang.NullPointerException:
        at java.io.PrintWriter.println(PrintWriter.java)
        at webfunds.utils.Debug.logmsg(Debug.java:38)
        at webfunds.sox.SmartIssuer.<init>(SmartIssuer.java:65)
        at webfunds.ricardian.SOXServer.getIssuer(SOXServer.java:311)
        at webfunds.ricardian.DirSOXStore.getIssuer(DirSOXStore.java:222)
        at
webfunds.client.sox.SOXServerStore.getIssuer(SOXServerStore.java:73)
        at webfunds.sox.Account.getIssuer(Account.java:126)
        at webfunds.sox.SubAccount.getIssuer(SubAccount.java:126)
        at webfunds.sox.SubAccount.adjustTime(SubAccount.java:167)
        at webfunds.sox.ValueAccount.createPayment(ValueAccount.java:465)
        at
webfunds.client.sox.SOXWallet.makePurePayment(SOXWallet.java:411)
        at webfunds.client.sox.SOXWallet.makePayment(SOXWallet.java:319)
        at
webfunds.client.SimplePaymentFrame.actionPerformed(SimplePaymentFrame.java:35
2)
        at
javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1066)
        at
javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(AbstractButton
.java:1101)
        at
javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:37
8)
        at
javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:250)
        at
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.
java:204)
        at
java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java:227)
        at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:2358)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:1812)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:946)
        at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:1841)
        at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:1630)
        at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:1531)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:933)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:79)

--
David Manifold <dem@tunes.org> http://bespin.dhs.org/~dem/
This message is placed in the public domain.