[Webfunds-users] ye gads, 1.5.3

Ian Grigg iang@systemics.com
Wed Apr 19 22:46:57 2000

I just put 1.5.3 on the site, it rectifies a monstrous
lurking bug that stops mail signing.  This is the Soxian
equivalent of leprosy; releases 1.5.0-1 should be shunned
and outcast.

It actually took 2 updates to get it right, there was
still a problem with direct transfers losing receipts,
but got it the next time.

Follows is the blurb points at

    http://webfunds.org/download/zip_README.html

iang

1.5.3
    *  Think I got it - the receipts were incorrectly updated, but
       advise below concerning uncancellable payments still holds
       in general!
    *  Now checks for /dev/random for the good entropy. Faster on
       Unix, still boring on Windows.

1.5.2
    *  Slow, painful fix to mail signing problem - the mail code was
       completely rewritten to remove an "innovation" that broke all
       mail signing. You might have noticed that mail was clogging
       up...
    *  There is still a bug in the mail code - receipts can be
       dropped but signed for. This is a hanging offence, if you see
       a Payment that you cannot cancel because it is already used
       (pid), do not restart, but copy the 'out' file and send it to the
       support team.
    *  DROPPED support for old /data/ version 1 data formats.
       This is about a year old.... It will warn you of the dropped
       support and terminate if present.