[Webfunds-devel] OpenPGP signed Contracts

Edwin Woudt edwin@woudt.nl
Fri, 26 May 2000 16:04:53 +0200

After some private discussion, let's continue this on the mailing list.

The idea is to change the X509 signatures on contracts into OpenPGP
sigs. We won't touch the X509 stuff in SOX for now.

I've created the OPENPGP branch in the webfunds CVS repository, to
prevent interference with the other work. When everything is done and
tested the changes can be merged back to the main branch.

As far as I can see now, the following code needs hacking:
* webfunds/ricardian/Contract.java
  - this is where all the magic happens
* webfunds/client/contracts/SignContractWizard.java
  - this class should not be dealing with X509 stuff at all, so the
    signature generation code will move to Contract.java

My current question is: How does one create a new contract? I'd like
to have something to play around with.

Edwin