[Webfunds-devel] Re: [Webfunds-commits] scripts ricardian_keys

Ian Grigg iang@systemics.com
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 15:59:27 -0400

Edwin Woudt wrote:

> Uhm yes... but wasn't the whole point that these were *not* included in the
> userid?

Er, no.  The key should identify who the owner is.

> What does the final userid look like?:

I'm assuming for Ricardian purposes here.

> 1.  [cert]

This would not work, it would need to identify itself as the
cert key for some user.  In a later version, we would encourage
the WebFUnds user to sign this key as being accepted with some
measure of trust as a useful certifier (wot style).

> 2.  Edwin Woudt [cert] <edwin@webfunds.org>

This works fine.

> I thought the first, but your script indicates the second?

Yes.  Maybe the order could be improved?

--
iang