[Webfunds-devel] [Fwd: Re: rolled]

Ian Grigg iang@systemics.com
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 21:56:01 -0400

Snippet on contract manipulations!

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: rolled
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 21:34:50 -0400
From: Ian Grigg <iang@systemics.com>

ContractMonger wrote:

> I signed this with my commercial PGP instead of the wizard because the
> wizard doesn't seem to recognize secring files and I want to be able to
> use the secring and plain vanilla PGP for signing issuance orders

Concur this is a good idea, although for best results you should
use the SignContract Wizard to sign and test prototypes, then only
deliver a completed one signed yourself by commercial PGP.

I've posted the secring issue as a feature request, and the biz
about being able to sign a wizarded contract with commercial PGP.

For now, we need to get the wizard going, then prepare the contract
with that, then manually strip the signature and key -- -- parts
either by editing or by checking the cleartext signature.

>                             Name: Contract.zip

Unfortunately this did not work, the cert key needs to identify itself
with the tag [cert] in it.  Likewise, the contract key needs [contract]
string in the user Id.  I've not actually tested this with NAI commercial
PGPs, and it would be most embarressing if they did not permit such, it
turns out that gpg (the open source command line tool) grumbles and can
only be turned to Ricardian keys with some degree of trickery.
--
iang