- In vast majority of world's countries it is not necessary to undergo
any formlities to legally operate LED-driven visible optical transmitting
system. The divergence angle virtually eliminates any possibility of
interference with any other optical device or neighbourhood annoyance with
the distinctively visible light beam and thus no legal issues should
arise during the operation.
- The emitted beam contains no invisible radiation and it's intensity is
not harmful to the human eye at any distance. The beam lies within band
of good sensitivity of human eye and the eye iris adapts on its exposure
efficiently. This condition is fully preserved even in case of device
failure of any possible kind and/or unauthorized manipulation.
- The emitted beam poses no risk to birds and any other animals exposed
to it for whatever long time. This condition is fully preserved even in
condition of device failure of any kind and/or unauthorized manipulation.
- The device is optimized for very low electromagnetic radiation and optional
measures allow additional reduction level. No EMI should occur.
- The device is not certified for transmission of classified data.
However, eavesdropping is so difficult, obvious and confined to narrow
space, so that it is not practically feasible and unencrypted data may be
transmitted without any substantial loss of privacy.
- If the device is to be installed on places where lightning strike
hazard exists, it is necessary to proceed according to local code for
outdoor aerial installations.
- The device does not contain any particular measure to suppress
lightning strike induced EMP damage to connected electronic equipment.
Installation of the device may increase the damage probability and/or
extent due to existence of additional long runs of signal cables connected
to the potential victim equipment through the device interface.
- The device poses no health risk to humans when mounted in publicly
accessible places as it contains voltages that are not lethal even under
severe atmospherical conditions, unauthorized tampering, and any possible
- The device contains no hazardous chemicals that could release and thus
damage a person or the ecosystem.
- The device radiates no ionizing radiation even under worst-case
failure and contains no radioactive materials.